- It matters little what you believe unless you believe in it fully.
- Two very differnt cultures in contact generally cause less friction than two similar ones.
- Fight against injustice and fight for justice are not the same thing.
1. Any attempt to explain can dilute the statement.
2. Because similar cultures becomes threat to one-another. For example the Christians (many of them, not all ) have a lot against the Muslims. On the other hand, they are more receptive and curious about Hinduism and Buddhism, both of whom are far removed from their religion/culture.
3. Example: Terrorism. Fight against injustice, but not fight for justice; it itself is based on injustice.
(Update: 1Feb )(The first one is credited to anonymous. 🙂 The second one is due to Muhammad Asad (in Road to Mecca). The third one occured to yours faithfully.)